Now one wants to heat up the kitchen in the summer just to cook barbeque chicken. So what is the alternative? A halogen oven! Yes you can cook delicious and juicy barbeque chicken in a halogen oven.
Resources and Purchasing Information on Halogen Ovens
Oyama TRO-110C Turbo Convection Oven: This is the model that I have in my kitchen. I can’t recommend it enough. If you are looking to purchase a halogen oven, start with this one.
If you already own a halogen oven, check out these great cookbooks that available on Amazon. You can never have enough great recipes for the halogen oven.
Did you know that you can bake in the halogen oven? There are even great baking accessories available.
The Sharper Image Super Wave Oven Grilling Accessories (can be used in other halogen ovens)
How to Make Mouth Watering Barbeque Chicken
Place your chicken on the lower wire rack in the oven. Lightly brush the top and sides with olive oil. Sprinkle on your favorite barbeque spice. I good combination is salt, pepper, grated fresh garlic, cayenne pepper (or barbeque spice).
Place the dome on the bowl and set the time for about 12 to 15 minutes. After the time, turn the chicken over and repeat with the seasonings. Cook for another 12 to 15 minutes on this side. At this point you can add BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and repeat on the other side for the same time.
There are So Many Benefits to using a Halogen Oven
- Cooks frozen meat right out of the freezer – no defrosting necessary.
- Very versatile cooking. You can bake, roast, grill, broil and even steam your food.
- Healthy Cooking! As a matter of fact, you don’t need to add any more fat and the fat just drips away from the meat while cooking. This way it never sits in its own fat.
- Shorter cooking times than using a conventional kitchen oven.
- Super easy to clean up. The glass bowl can go in the dishwasher.
- Furthermore, the halogen oven won’t heat up the kitchen like a conventional oven. Super important for those hot summer months!